We had a great turnout at this year’s lst meeting – around 50 of your neighbors and several guests
As promised – the meeting was finished in just under an hour – 15 action-packed items on the agenda!
Click on the image below to see the powerpoint slides from the meeting:
- Next meeting June 11, 2015 7:00 pm Chantilly Hall on Shenandoah
- RSVP for ‘Citizen Arborist’ meeting Saturday, April 25, 10:00 am – City Asst. Arborist Tim Porter will lead a meeting about our Chantilly Tree canopy, how to spot tree issues, care and feeding of our trees, etc – No more than one hour – concise and packed with information! RSVP – secretary@iChantilly.org
- Spring Fling scheduled for May 16 – Chantilly Park – look for announcements
- Plans are in the works for the first ‘Hilly Chantilly’ 5k race – by your Chantilly Neighborhood Association – tentatively scheduled Sunday October 11, 2015 – 1 pm
- Establish or renew your membership – Click Here
- Please email Molly – will you serve as a block captain – tree volunteer?
It’s almost time for the Summer edition of the Chantilly Newsletter – a great collection of articles of neighborhood interest – and promotions from neighborhood merchants
If you are interested in writing for the newsletter – whether it’s for this edition – or the Fall or Winter editions – please contact Molly – secretary@iChantilly.org
Is your business interested in low cost advertising and supporting a great, neighborhood non-profit? – then please contact Jonathan – treasurer@iChantilly.org
The Summer edition will feature articles including Historical Chantilly - Tree Canopy – Chantilly Parents and much more
(Click the image for a PDF copy of the circular)
Chantilly Neighborhood Association
Meeting Agenda – 3/12/15
2101 Shenandoah Ave
7:00 – 8:00 PM
The meeting will be finished in an hour or less….. many items are very short introductions
1) Approval of last meeting 11-2-2014 minutes (Click to view minutes)
2) Crime Report – Officer Sprague and Kristin Simmer
Welcome and thanks to Chantilly Hall hosts, Charlotte Dance Gypsies
3) Old Chatham Swim Club introduction
4) Elizabeth 8k introduction
5) Chantilly 5k plans
- Recruit Committee Members
- Introduce Legion Brewing, race sponsor
6) Plaza Midwood Merchants Association introduction
7) Introduction of Charlotte DOT, Field Services Manager
8 ) Introduction of Dave Cable – TreesCharlotte and Tim Porter, Deputy City Arborist
- Plans for Citizen Arborist training
- Brief discussion of potential tree canopy initiatives/partnerships
9) Treasurer’s Report and Annual Dues – Jonathon Story
10) Presentation of Neighborhood Sign initiative
11) Spring Fling, Saturday May 16, Chantilly Park
12) Report from City Planning/Zoning Meetings
13) Chantilly Block Captains
14) Spring Chantilly Newsletter
15) Membership vote (2015 paid members) on IRS Tax Exempt Status for CNA – 501(c)(3) ($400 IRS filing fee)
To follow up on the news yesterday, Feb 12, 2015, about the fallen tree and injured driver in Elizabeth (Click for Observer article), the CNA Board asks neighbors to consider attending upcoming events to learn more about our tree canopy issues.
Our next neighborhood meeting will be Thursday March 12 at 7:00 pm – and will feature a guest speaker from Trees Charlotte. In addition, Rick Winiker will report on his meeting with the City Landscape Department about the latest survey of “city trees” in Chantilly
Also, please consider attending, on Tuesday, Feb 24 at 7 pm a one hour lecture “What Every Homeowner Needs to Know About Their Aging Trees” (click link for details and how to make a reservation) by retired arborist Jack McNeary, a past president of the American Society of Consulting Arborists
If you have not done so, please look for announcements, discussions and alerts on Nextdoor.com (Chantilly neighborhood page), CNA’s Facebook page and Twitter
Please also look for other agenda items for Chantilly for the next meeting and 2015 – if you have not done so – please renew your 2015 neighborhood membership! (click link for directions)
Thanks! Your 2015 CNA Board
You probably know about the PM Pool that will hopefully (pending rezoning on March 16th) be a great addition to our area.
The pool will be on the property of The VanLandingham Estate.
The co-owner emailed me earlier this week to let me know that they have now opened up membership to Chantilly and asked me to help get the word out. They initially had just opened up membership to PM as they really want membership that can walk or bike there, but Chantilly was next on the list!
If you are interested then check out the site and pay your deposit for a spot.
Oh, and sign the petition to help get it rezoned.
Feel free to forward.
Thanks! Have a great weekend.
The school board voted unanimously tonight to include Chantilly in the home school boundary for Oakhurst STEAM Elementary! Read more here:
Charlotte Observer Article
CMS Recommendations that were passed (page 14)
More information to come.
We thought it might be helpful for those of you entering the CMS lottery for the first time this year to read through this document as you begin the process. This was created by a parent two years ago after being frustrated by the whole lottery experience. The calculation is not meant to be fully accurate: it just gives you an idea about how the lottery process works. Every year the process works a little differently and the school system does not share that data.
Hope this helps!
The Chantilly Education Committee
Hi Neighbors – Quick reminder the next CNA meeting is this Thursday 7:15 at Chantilly Hall on Shenandoah. Agenda items include:
– An update from the Education Committee about an upcoming CMS School Board vote on November 19th (CMS staff recommendation here: http://bit.ly/1EmTBQG; See iChantilly post from the Education Committee below)
– An outside group will have a road race January 17 – the Board is interested in volunteers for a committee to explore our own Chantilly race next year
– Information about CMS Magnet lottery program
– Election for 2015 Board President
– and the ever popular Security Update!
Look for the fall newsletters in your mailbox or front porch… All neighbors welcome – see you there!